EMEIA Event Manager
Grass Roots operate Meetings and Events services from key locations in London, New York, Dusseldorf and Zurich.
Specialists in strategic meetings management and delegate management, Grass Roots work with three of the Big Four professional services firms; nine of the top 15 investment banks and many other global organisations. We manage over £150m worth of meeting spend, drive compliance within organisations and focus on improving the performance of meetings and events programs.
We are currently recruiting for a 12 month FTC for an Event Manager for one of our top clients. The position would require you to be in London for up to two days a week in the client's offices, and then either work from home or from the Grass Roots offices in Putney.
The EMEIA Event Manager. with periodic supervision, schedules and plans logistical arrangements for internal and external meetings and events for the client's firm. You will be expected to follow and promote the client's firm, business unit and department policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Work with meeting sponsor and/or requester to understand logistical requirements of the event
- Conduct venue research in conjunction with our preferred meeting management companies (MMCs) and make recommendation on meeting location
- By taking a detailed brief ascertain all event requirements and suggest event solution(s)
- Comply with firm procurement policy
- Support the overall objectives of the Global Travel, Meetings & Events team by supporting the strategy with every interaction with stakeholders
- Support and devise ideas and best practices to M&E team as well as contribute creativity on special M&E projects
- Manage elements of delegate management using our firm tool, Cvent and in some instances other tools
- Consult with the event program manager to ensure brand compliance throughout the event and pre and post event communication process
- Help prepare initial and final budget for meeting expenses (i.e., rooms, food, equipment, outside speakers, etc.)
- Prepare written specifications and communicate logistical requirements of each event to event suppliers
- As necessary, travel to on-site location to assist with all logistical aspects of the event.
- Coordinate with Technology Support to arrange special event production and on-site technology.
- Audit and submit for approval any program related invoices and provide full event reconciliation and assist Event Managers to do same
- Maintain current information in the group meeting tracking system
- Assist in other areas of Meeting & Event Services as needed.
- Maintain inventory of event collateral
Analytical & Decision Making Responsibilities
- Using M&ES Guidelines and Procedures, this individual makes recommendations to internal clients regarding location and logistics on various sized events and initiatives
- This individual may also recommend solutions to other Event Managers regarding specific aspects of a large event or initiative
- Anticipates client’s questions and is prepared when dealing with internal clients
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Must have minimum of lower-level event management skills and experience (50-100 delegates)
- Must be experienced with all Microsoft Office Tools with particular competency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of meeting industry software, including web registration applications, such as Cvent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills are essential
- Good geographical/destination knowledge is helpful as would travel experience
- Receives ongoing supervision from their manager, though will be encouraged to work autonomously
- Responsible for prioritising his or her daily work and reporting progress on assigned tasks
- Also responsible for communicating directly with his or her internal clients regarding specific tasks
- Inspires confidence by answering questions within area of required skills and by demonstrating a professional demeanour
- When a new member starts with Global Travel Meetings & Events, incumbent provides guidance, department orientation, and training on firm and department guidelines and procedures
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements
- Self-motivated and driven, able to work independently in a virtual team environment at times
- Must be experienced with all Microsoft Office Tools, knowledge of Cvent is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with teams and individuals based all over the world
- Ongoing attention to detail and strong organisational skills are essential with the ability to work on mulitple projects at any time
- Able to work with minimial supervision, responsible for managing and prioritising own workload and reporting back on the progress of the projects
- A good EMEIA wide destination knowledge, along with experience of running events in different countries is desirable
- Willingness to travel internationally and be prepared to work on evenings and weekends where needed